Atif

Ah, I just love Pak Music. Strings and Jal are my favorite band, and Atif the solo. And newly found love for Hadiqa [thx to u :)]. Though I am more into Strings, Jal is just so fantastic. I wish Indian music channels show their videos. Cause Indian music channels have became 'film promo' channels + reality TV. Just so stupid if I tell you. There isn't any 'true' music channel serving music from the world or subcontinent. And that results in missing out on such great lyrics of Paki songs. Its the Urdu+Punjabi that creates great effect.

I love Rangon Mein and Mast Hoon. Thanks for the vid, first time I've seen it, Taj !! Also I didn't know abt was 'Chalte Chalte'. I heard it many times in Cornetto ad, having Amrita Rao in it. And instantly thought this must be Jal's song. Nice video. Another one, Sajni is just so addictive and mysterious tune, so is forever hit Lamhe. [I love the Bikhra Hoon Main version most] Though I don't know much abt Atif+Jal conflict, I didn't like the way Atif has done cover versions in JalPari.

But on the other side, I just 'love' Atif :P Yes, many ppl hate his quality of voice which I like the most. Maula, Mahiya vey Soniya and Yakeen from album Doorie are my favorite. And from Meri Kahani, Humrahi and Chhor Gaye are fantastic. Kaun Tha Kahan Gaya is so so lovely, [who is that lady singer?]. And most favorite is Rabba Sacheya. Since it is completely in Punjabi, I couldn't understand much. Only today morning I searched for its translation and I flattered. Here and Here are some notable attempts of translation.

And at last, a video I found most recently having Atif and Hadiqa. Lovely song : Mere Aas Paas

1 comment:

  1. Very good. I love atif . his style of singing makes me drool over him.

    ReplyDelete

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...